Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
The primary responsibility of the Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department is to ensure food security to the poor and needy citizens of the state through the public distribution system, while ensuring the support price to the farmers by acquiring paddy and maize at the support price in the state. It is also the responsibility of the Conservation and Promotion of Consumer Rights of the citizens of the state along with the value monitoring of essential commodities.Ensure food and nutrition security for the citizens of the state.
- Buying, storage and disposal of paddy and maize farmers at the minimum support price declared by the Government of India.
- Ensure availability of foodgrains and sugar through appropriate policy instruments including maintenance of buffer stock of foodgrains.
- Providing foodgrains (iodized salt, gram, sugar) through public distribution system, especially on the fixed prices by the state government to the weak and needy sections of society.
- Implementation of National Food Security Act, 2013 and Chhattisgarh Food and Nutrition Security Act 2012
- Operate price support through efficient procurement of paddy and maize.
- Strengthen the targeted public distribution system.
- Development of Warehousing Area.
- Improving Public Service System
- Conservation and promotion of consumer rights.