Women and Child Development
Women and Child Development Department has been formed to systematically implement schemes and programs related to the development and welfare of women and children.
The main functions of the department are as follows: –
- Improve the social, economic, health and nutritional status of the women of the state.
- Improve physical, mental, intellectual development and health and nutrition status of children, save from malnutrition.
- To protect women’s constitutional interests, make them competent and aware to take advantage of women’s welfare, safety related laws and various schemes.
- Role of coordinators in the implementation of schemes related to the development of women and children by various departments in the state.
- Coordination of implementation of women empowerment policy to empower women.